Re: Online Help Systems

Subject: Re: Online Help Systems
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:53:13 -0700

Except that Flash isn't quite ubiquitous. How many new computers come with
Flash pre-installed? (I know my new one didn't.) Lots of new computers are
being sold.

Many Web applications are being developed as "IE only." If you run Netscape
or Mozilla (as I do) or Opera as your default browser, you still need to
keep IE around for those "IE only" sites and applications.

For many things, Java is onerous as well--and the defaults for the latest
JRE can slow yoru system down or make it seem like your browser has frozen.

Development teasm disregard isses such as these far too often, and user pay.

Chuck Martin

"John Posada" <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote in message news:215567 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> oh YEAH...I tend to disregard/forget about anything that is ubiquitous
> across multiple applications.
>
> It's like complaining about anything that requires IE (or anything MS) to
be
> available on the system, such as MShelp, yet not complaining when a JRE is
> required for other applications.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com