RE: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?

Subject: RE: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:58:27 -0500

I have read through the numerous posts on this thread, but it was Amy's
post that finally sparked something in me that I have been trying to
formulate. I strongly believe in the value of obtaining a Master's
Degree in ... anything. I believe it shows that you are not complacent,
that you want to strive to learn. I look at the whole debate as being
much deeper than letters behind your name on a resume or a business card
or framed sheepskin on your wall. I see it as much more than that.

FDR once said, "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill
of creative effort." It is clear that there are some people who do not
see the value or the reason for getting a Master's, but for others, it
is related to what Mallory said in describing his need to climb Mount
Everest, "Because its there."

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/
Stay in Touch with Verizon Airfone JetConnect (sm)

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com