RE: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?

Subject: RE: What is the value of Tech Comm Masters?
From: "Westbrook,Beth" <beth -dot- westbrook -at- dhs -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:50:21 -0500

Would what have turned out differently? If you mean the RIF then the answer
is no. Nothing could have helped me there. I was officially in the Quality
division and all of the work I did was for Manufacturing (supporting the
production workforce). The division that the work was for valued my
contribution, but when it came time for budget cuts, wasn't contributed
anything to the division that was paying me (by design, not by incompetence
sloth or anything like that). As soon as we knew they layoffs were coming, I
knew I would be included in them because of that. Now, if my predecessor
there (an MFA student who had taken a couple of tech comm classes) had been
more skilled and better liked by the manufacturing people the position might
have still be in the SMEs' department where I was valued.

such as maybe a masters in technical communication, might it turned out
differently if the education they paid for was devoted to something
SME-technical, like maybe Computer Science, instead of educational?

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com