Re: credibility

Subject: Re: credibility
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:35:14 -0400

Goober Writer wrote:
> Um, yeah. That's how the game works. You do very good
> work at what you're hired to do, and look for areas to
> expand. That's the golden rule to better business
> practices.

I guess you found a green pasture, Goober. Good for you if you have found
sanctuary from the forces at work in the economy at large. No doubt your
talent and hard work are responsible for your current good situation, but
you may not be aware that many employers do not and never will offer that
kind of opportunity to a tech writer.

You may not have noticed, but your golden rule, which has been true for
generations, has been temporarily suspended (at least in the US). The
underlying value proposition of *work* is currently under attack
<semi-political elaboration deleted>.

Lots of hardworking talented people in all fields are getting fired,
underemployed, or otherwise left behind by forces that are currently out of
their control. Sure, hard work and talent will likely win out in the long
run - but a lot of bad stuff can happen to good people in the short run.

And if the rest of us want to make our pastures greener, we know what we
have to do:-)

Mike O.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com