Re: Tech writer job description needed

Subject: Re: Tech writer job description needed
From: Carol Gilbert <cgilbert -at- cal -dot- berkeley -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:12:01 -0700

I couldn't find my detailed descriptions by level, but this will give you some idea of the kind of information desired. Obviously, the specifics will be tailored to your environment. - Carol Gilbert

Responsibilities: Work as part of a product development team with the responsibility to produce written materials including, but not limited to, product manuals, training guides, product demonstration scripts, training materials, and technical marketing collateral as required. As part of a product development team you will review product specifications and operating procedures and provide feedback to that development team. You will assist in coordinating the layout and organization of these written materials. You may be called upon to conduct product demonstrations or provide product training to employees and customers.

Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a BA or BS, 3-5 years of experience writing in a technical environment, excellent communication skills, knowledge of client/server applications, Novell NetWare, Windows 3.1, Windows NT, FrameMaker, and on-line help for Windows and UNIX platforms. Software documentation experience is required. Training experience is an advantage.

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 02:33 AM, John Cornellier wrote:

I've been asked by my personnel dept. (in a large international high tech corporation) to come up with a one-page generic technical writer job description.

The purpose is not directly for recruiting, rather it is for defining roles, training requirements, etc.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com