Re: OT: Microsoft (Quark) Activation ... UGH

Subject: Re: OT: Microsoft (Quark) Activation ... UGH
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:23:59 -0400

I've felt that pain. When we upgraded our computers about a year ago the PC tech that imaged the software on to the drives used the same Quark validation disk for each machine. Productivity ground to a halt as Quark could see the other "validated" copies across the network and refused to run on more than one machine at a time. What a headache to fix, too. Quark hides their validation info deep, no amount of uninstalling/registry cleaning could fix it. We ended up having to re-image the machines.

-Greg

neart - misneach - diongbháilteacht

>>> John Root <jroot -at- publisys -dot- com> 10/14/03 01:41PM >>>

* In the (not so) old days, before the demise of floppy
drives, there would be validation disks which were really a pain. If they
didn't get lost, they would often get damaged and rendered unreadable. In a
workgroup you always had to keep track of which validation diskette belonged
to which workstation. Yow!!*

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com