WORD Misses Typos - Puts Egg on Writer's Face

Subject: WORD Misses Typos - Puts Egg on Writer's Face
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:24:09 -0400

I just ran into a problem where Word's spell checker missed some typos in a paragraph -- and made it look like I hadn't spell checked the document before I sent it out for review. I've gone back over the paragraph several times, and the typos are still being ignored. And none of the possible reasons I can think of seem to be the explanation:

The paragraph is NOT marked "Do not check spelling" (but see below).
The two typos did NOT accidentally get entered into the custom dictionary.
The typos -- "pr" and "s" both by themselves -- don't look like they're things Word would routinely ignore by default.
So far as I can remember, I DID NOT instruct Word to ignore these during the session I was in.

One thing that might be relevant, however, is that U trued selecting the whole document, then calling up the language box, and the "Do not check" spelling box was checked. But I unchecked it, the Word still ignored the typos.

Anybody got any idea what's going on?

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com