Re: synchronizing color

Subject: Re: synchronizing color
From: "Ed Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:32:28 -0400

> Color fidelity is a high complex topic that has spawned its own
> industry, complete with specialized tools, software, and theory.
>
> The topic in its entirety cannot be adaquately discussed on a
> discussion board such as this. No offense to you, Ed, but trying to
> solve more than the most basic problems by mucking around with Adobe
> Gamma and printer driver settings is unlikely to succeed in the absence
> of knowledge of the underlying theory (involving issues such as RGB vs.
> CMYK, color spaces, color profiles, gamuts, color conversion).
>
> If serious color matching is required, bringing in an external
> consultant may be the most economical route by far.

The items I mentioned (Adobe Gamma, printer settings) are topics which
appear very soon after a user installs the printer and applications. I think
it is too early to call in the consultant(s).

For instance, Chapter 2 of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 covers "Calibrating
your monitor." This is an entry level graphics program, and I'm sure that
whatever application the graphic designer uses has some advice on how to do
this.

I think my response to the original post was correct.

When I started my first job, just about everyone in the engineering services
company was brighter than me. However, I soon discovered that only a few
employees had the patience and knowledge to answer my questions. For
instance, there was an accomplished technical illustrator (and artist) who
would answer my questions with a brief explanation, and then hand me a book
or manual from his shelf.

Ed

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com