RE: Word misses typos - puts egg on writer's face?

Subject: RE: Word misses typos - puts egg on writer's face?
From: "Ruiter, Vicki" <Vicki_Ruiter -at- sra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:42:20 -0400

Beth is correct that Word does not flag single letters as typos. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214185

pr is a valid abbreviation (pair, public relations, Puerto Rico).

You can create an exclude dictionary to keep that from happening again.
I've never tried it with a single letter, but I suppose it would work. It
could be worse, of course, like the coworker that put together a nice
marketing presentation for our boss -- without proofreading for his typos of
the word "public".

Vicki Ruiter