RE: Advice re: RoboHelp/RoboDemo maint. packs

Subject: RE: Advice re: RoboHelp/RoboDemo maint. packs
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

Instead of buying support, I'd do these things:

1) Subscribe to a peer-to-peer list, like HATT.

2) Use any vendor forums that may exist--eHelp has
some.

3) Use the money saved to send authors to training and
general conferences (to offset the cost, anyway).

4) Upgrade my version of whatever my main software
is--RoboHelp in this case--only once every two years
(and use the $$$ saved towards the aforementioned
training and the piece of mind in not upgrading
towards a better quality of life <g>).

(Note, RHFM comes with free e-mail support for life--I
assume that is true for all RoboHelp versions? No?)

Cheers,

Sean

--- "Ruiter, Vicki" <Vicki_Ruiter -at- sra -dot- com> wrote:

> Our documentation team uses RoboHelp for online
> help, context-sensitive
> help, and web-based documentation. I don't think
> we've ever had reason to
> use the phone support from eHelp, but we have
> emailed a question or two.
> However, my experience with RoboHelp is that they
> seem to be experts at
> creating incompatibilities between versions.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST FRAMEMAKER PUBLISHING TOOL?

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com