Re: Freelance business practices questions

Subject: Re: Freelance business practices questions
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:38:29 +1000

David Tremblay wrote, in response to my note about popups on a search site reached by accident when looking for something else:

Ok it is not about business practices but there's better alternatives to Internet Explorer...

Stop use MSIE and get rid of popups and popunder with Mozilla or Mozilla firebird (www.mozilla.org), they are leaner, faster and more compliant to webstandards, I keep one copy of MSIE for testing purpose only. I also find that their email client is more secure than Outlook and have a nice junk mail filter.

My, the assumptions in that message! David, did I say I was using IE? I wasn't. I was using Opera 7.2. I just haven't got around to setting up any of the options to get rid of popups and popunders, mostly because I'm not sufficiently motivated to do so.

One of these days I'll look seriously at Mozilla. It's on my ever-expanding list of things to do. As for an email client, I've never used Outlook or Outlook Express; I'm a Eudora fan, and the latest Eudora (v6, which I haven't installed yet) has junk mail filters, too.

Like you, I use MSIE for testing, not everyday use, but I'm also forced at times to use it to access Web sites that I need to use, for which there is no alternative. (I point out this problem to the owners of those sites, of course.)

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/

HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST FRAMEMAKER PUBLISHING TOOL?

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com