RE: Happy Monday; was: Re: Happy Friday!

Subject: RE: Happy Monday; was: Re: Happy Friday!
From: "David Locke" <dlocke -at- texas -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:32:24 -0500

David,

If they have a job and didn't lose their job during the bust, why would it
matter what day of the week it was. And, if they didn't lose their job, but
their coworkers were laid off, they, more than likely, are not going to be
happy either regardless of what day of the week it happens to be. And, if
they lost their job and got another one, everyday is a happy day, not just
Monday.

Personally, I've celebrated Mondays, but only when the weekends were hell,
and my life was coming apart at the seams. I've never lived for the weekends
and work 24/7, except in those moments when my eyes won't stay open.

This stretch of financial disaster isn't bad enough for me to increment my
life counter. I'm on life #4b. I'm not going to #5 anytime soon.

I'm not celebrating this particular Monday, because my truck will be towed
away as I am still not working and the insurance went unpaid as of midnight
tonight.

So if you want to have a happy, fear-based Monday, have at it. But,
tommorrow does come and everything will be all right. I'd rather stuff the
fear.

I was totally shocked today as I read the want ads on all of those websites
out there. Somebody wanted to pay a TW $13.50/hr. I made that working in the
grocery store twenty years ago. The rates are still suppressed as is
experience. People with jobs are still not all that mobile even if the job
market is coming back. Some recruiter wanted to discount his rate, which I
already discounted to even talk to the guy, because I didn't have two
keywords on my resume: FrameMaker 7.0 vs 6.0 and Mac OS 10 vs other Mac
experience. It is news to me that I don't know this stuff, just because it's
not the latest and greatest marketing babble.

Stuff the fear. Be happy everyday.

David Locke

HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST FRAMEMAKER PUBLISHING TOOL?

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com