Re: Windows version number references in docs

Subject: Re: Windows version number references in docs
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:23:58 -0400

From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>

> I thought this was intended to be a humorous satire, as in: "In your
> opinion, what percentage of Joe Senator's frequent lies should be prosecuted
> as crimes in a court of law?" Did you really mean this to be a survey on

Yes, it was serious. LOL.

I was provoked, Officer. Someone found Microsoft's self-description to be
amusing, and I got to wondering whether in fact the company's products -- ALL
of them, and we are talking lots of products, folks, some of which you've
never even *heard* of -- suffered globally from the same problems that
programs we are familiar with suffer from.

In other words, is the reputation truly deserved? That's my question.
Admittedly, I am asking the wrong people, but I thought it was worth a shot
anyway. It appears that my question has allowed some to vent feelings of
intense hostility, so perhaps it isn't worthless entirely, even if I've asked
the wrong audience.

Bonnie Granat
Granat Technical Editing and Writing
http://www.editors-writers.info