Re: Can't search the PDF file. Really? Still? After 5 years???

Subject: Re: Can't search the PDF file. Really? Still? After 5 years???
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:18:11 -0600

On 20 Oct 2003 at 7:32, Emily Berk wrote:

> So, back in 1997, it looks like searching in certain PDF files was an
> issue.
>
> And, today, when my PDF absolutely, positively has to be on time, it
> seems like maybe this problem is not fixed???!!!

You didn't mention what tool you are using when you are viewing the
document. Remember that there are two versions of the Acrobat
Reader -- a searchable version and a non-searchable version.

Go here to find a "search and accessibility" enabled version:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html

Dana W.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com