RE: Single-sourcing, who's doing it?

Subject: RE: Single-sourcing, who's doing it?
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:58:33 -0400

According to one Web site I saw: "Content Reuse is the application of
single-sourcing in documents. When you create documentation that has the
same content or similar content in several instances, you can choose to
create that content in each instance or to re-use content that exists
outside of the current document."

In other words, your single-sourced documents share about 40% of shared
content, and the other 60% is instance-specific?

Dan Goldstein