RE: end user vs end-user

Subject: RE: end user vs end-user
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:49:50 -0400

"Amanda Fitch" <v-afitch -at- transenda -dot- com> wrote on 10/23/2003 01:29:12 PM:
> I still think user distinction is important in specific situations.
> Here's another way to think of it:

> There is a Milk Manager. (Administrator)
> There is a Milk Employee. (User)
> There is a Milk Customer. (User)

Sorry, but you still haven't convinced me. In the above if all use a computer
program why not use the titles: Manager, Employee, and Customer when the manual
must refer to all three. Otherwise the document title gives the user context
(Management Guide, Employee Guide, Customer Guide) and in the manual only refer
to the user or one of the other two types of user by title.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com