Re: Tools: A less-expensive way to purchase textbooks?

Subject: Re: Tools: A less-expensive way to purchase textbooks?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:19:10 -0700

The book: "Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach w/
version 1.2 CD ROM"
USA site price: $132.10
UK site price (USD): $69.43...

When looking at books on Amazon, be sure to look at used books as well. Many companies (including one that my brilliant-programmer-son just began) sell used books through Amazon at amazing prices. My son recently sold a nearly-new copy of the Physician's Desk Reference for about 25% of it's list price. Many of his books are priced under $1. (If you want to know which site it is, email me privately. I don't want to be accused of advertising here...)

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com