Re: end user vs end-user

Subject: Re: end user vs end-user
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:38:15 -0400

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:48:56 -0700, Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com> wrote:

"Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote in message news:217355 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
While he was not a personal acquaintance of mind, the boss let it be
known that the gentleman had made an arrangement with him on the basis
of need. He had a fairly large family and was getting by either on
unemployment or very low wages. We saved ends specifically for him,
including some fairly generous ends that most stores would have kept
slicing for a while. As a matter of maintaining some dignity, he
expected to pay us ($3.00, as I recall, but this was in the early 1970s)
for his package, rather than accepting it as a handout. The arrangement
worked out fine for everyone. The store's principal gain was that we
employees didn't have to feel guilty about throwing out perfectly good
food (or feeding it to dogs); and at the same time we didn't have to
have the case cluttered with less-than-appetizing ends.

I just wonder why people such as your boss here aren't running more
companies. Just think where Enron would be if he'd been running the show.

Chuck Martin

Here in North Carolina a store that used to give me such items now claims
that it cannot. Against a sanitary code, or something. "I'm from the
government, and I'm here to help you."

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com