Re: Hi-Tech Company Hasn't Used Tech Writers in Years

Subject: Re: Hi-Tech Company Hasn't Used Tech Writers in Years
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:10:38 -0800

But in this case, the "ultimate purpose" of the documentation,
in the eyes of corporate management, is to meet the contract
requirements. Defense contracting isn't the only place left
where documents are considered nothing more than extra
packing material that has to be included with "the real product,"
but it's probably the place where the attitude is the most visible.
And I think that MIL docs have definitely gotten worse since
most contracts were changed from cost+ to fixed price.

Gene Kim-Eng