Problems in word whith hidden text, used as bookmarks

Subject: Problems in word whith hidden text, used as bookmarks
From: "Heike Kisker" <Heike3 -at- gmx -dot- ch>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:04:25 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

if I work in word with hidden text for bookmarks, I get an error if I use
this hidden text in formulas. I use Word 2000.

For example:
Define in word a bookmark1 "shown" and a bookmark2 "hidden". Bookmark1 is
normal text, bookmark2 is defined as hidden text.

Than make for each bookmark the following same 2 if-conditions:

If Bookmark 1 = hidden hidden ? ? This should result in ?, and does it: ?
IF Bookmark 1 = shown shown ? ? This should result in shown, and does it:
shown

If Bookmark 2 = shown shown? ? This should result in ?, and does it: ?
IF Bookmark 2 = hidden hidden? ? This should result in hidden, but shows: ?

As long as I have the if-condition using bookmark1 (normal text), everything
is fine.
As soon as I have the if-condition using bookmark2 (defined as hidden text),
I don't get any longer a correct result.

Do you know, how I could solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Heike

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com