RE: What to do???

Subject: RE: What to do???
From: Kate Robinson <KRobinson -at- seattle -dot- telecomsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:32 -0800

> ...my boss has given them instructions to not worry about grammar,
> spelling, or anything else because I will fix it... How can I tactfully
> handle telling my boss how I feel?

What good would it do you to tell your boss, besides providing some
transitory venting relief?

Having worked with engineers like this before, I would strongly advise you
against asking them to pay attention to their grammar and spelling. You
think it's bad now? You think it can't get any worse? Ha! You have no idea.

I suspect the best you can do is CYA by giving your boss up-to-date timeline
estimates based on the input you have to work with. Then bring a towel to
sob into, and try to take a couple breaks every day to walk briskly or lift
weights -- or go run over cute puppies with your SUV.

Kate Robinson
TechComm Editor
Alaska Building / 206-792-2146
The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them.
-- Samuel McChord Crothers

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com