Re: What to do???

Subject: Re: What to do???
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:16:25 -0800

"Kate Robinson" <KRobinson -at- seattle -dot- telecomsys -dot- com> wrote in message
news:217754 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> > ...my boss has given them instructions to not worry about grammar,
> > spelling, or anything else because I will fix it... How can I tactfully
> > handle telling my boss how I feel?
>
> What good would it do you to tell your boss, besides providing some
> transitory venting relief?

A boss that is willing and able to occasionally let you pull them aside on
occasion and just vent is a valuable boss indeed. Such venting often enables
you to get past the emotions that you're generating in your situation and
renew your approach and find productive solutions. Once you get past the
venting, too, you can talk with your boss about how you feel without getting
caught up in those emotions, making the resulting discussion more productive
as well.

Chuck Martin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com