Re: RoboHelp problems...

Subject: Re: RoboHelp problems...
From: David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:10:03 -0800

Diane Evans wrote:

Oh, ye great ones out there...

I just began using RoboHelp after nearly two years of doing other stuff. My last version was RoboHelp 9.1 or something like that.

Anyway, I am now using the latest RoboHelp Office. I am trying to create a RoboHelp HTML file (RoboHelp for HTML Help X4.1 Build 392 on Windows XP).

So, I created my little help file and compiled it. I opened the compiled ..chm file, and found that my opening page was NOT the one I wanted. How do I fix this. Hmmm, I thought, I should check the RoboHelp Help file instead of bothering you nice folks out there.

ACK! I cannot open the "Help" file. I click "help," my computer whirrs, and nothing happens. I press F1, and nothing happens. I have no idea where my help file went to.

By default, RoboHelp attempts to load the online Help from eHelp's web site. Sometimes, the attempt fails silently; that is, no message is displayed alerting you to what has happened. To correct: choose Tools>Options, and then choose "Use offline Help" on the General tab of the Options dialog box. Now, you should be able to access the online Help. To answer your other question, look for "Default topics" in the Help index.

Regards,

--

David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training for Technical Communicators
FrameMaker ~ WebWorks ~ Structured Authoring ~ XML
WebWorks Publisher Certified ~ Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com