RE: A brief intro and a few newbie questions

Subject: RE: A brief intro and a few newbie questions
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:42:02 -0500

Ben, you might be interviewed by an "intelligent employer" who would be
impressed by knowledge of RoboHelp and FrameMaker in an entry-level
interviewee -- even if they're not "expected." As we always say, it's not
the tools you know, it's your ability to learn new ones quickly and apply
them to the work at hand. It's also a good test of your ability to handle
the unexpected.

Since you have already written user guides and tutorials for employers and
various Web sites, you might try writing new ones with FrameMaker, and then
asking the employers' permission to use them as samples. The same is true of
online Help -- especially as a newbie with limited references from prior
jobs, showing a sample is better than saying "I know how."

Dan Goldstein