RE: Word graphics question - changing text attributes

Subject: RE: Word graphics question - changing text attributes
From: "Rob Partridge" <rob -at- holly -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:01:09 +1100

Dick wins the virtual beverage du jour... Thanks Dick.

Not an easy solution, but to improve things in the future the best thing
to do is to make a callout style and apply it to all text boxes etc.
Then the style can be changed. Great if you created the doc yourself.
Not so great when you inherited it from a style-blind writer with a text
box fetish.

Although you can't just lasso objects and apply a style (grrr at
Microsoft because you can lasso and change font characteristics in
Powerpoint), you can apply a style to one box, double click the format
painter then paint the style onto each of the other text boxes.

Labourious for my diagrams, but worth it for the future, and easier than
what I was doing (create macro for my changes, click on text box, apply
macro, repeat until brain seizes up).

Rob Partridge
Technical Writer
Holly Australia

> I wrote:
>
> I can select multiple objects (boxes, lines and text labels)
> and change line colour and fill colour, but I can't change
> any characteristics of the text - colour, font, size, etc. I
> have to select each text box or label separately and change
> them. Am I missing something obvious here, or is it just an
> inconsistency with Word? I'd like to select all in that
> diagram, choose, Arial 5pt black, for example, and have them
> all change to suit.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com