Re: CE Mark?

Subject: Re: CE Mark?
From: Carol Gilbert <cgilbert -at- cal -dot- berkeley -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:56:44 -0800

I am not the absolute authority on this, but when I worked for a company that produced a hardware product (incorporated lasers and was capable of possibly causing radio interference) I had to create a section I called "Regulatory and Safety Notices."

The first one was for the european Union Notice (CE Mark) and was a facsimile of our Declaration of Conformity. I also had to include a Japanese TUV Rheinland (TUV) numbers, CB Scheme Certification (CB) numbers, and entire section on Laster safety, and power cord requirements. So, if your company produces more than software, you'd be surprised how many statements you'll need to include and you will need to take direction from others on keeping the company out of trouble. - Carol Gilbert
=================

On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 12:01 PM, Aimee Hall wrote:

My company has recently begun selling products in Europe, and one of our
product managers has requested several changes to our operation manuals,
which he says are required to meet CE requirements. His suggestions don't
seem to make any sense (for example, he wanted to add a second "Safety"
chapter...)
<snip>
Does anyone have any information on how CE certification may apply to
technical publications? General info, links, or other resources would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Aimee Hall

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com