questions

Subject: questions
From: Heikki Raudaskoski <hraudask -at- mail -dot- student -dot- oulu -dot- fi>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:49:08 +0200 (EET)

Hi -

I ran into an article pointing out that Arbortext Epic
a) is expensive (at least $20-50K; another article says it'll cost
100K for five users)
b) comes with an editor that is only slightly better than Notebad
and
c) has no control over page breaks.

Is this true? Not the best possible authoring + publishing tool
choice for the SME (or for anyone)?

What would be the best choice? FM+Webworks? Authorit? (How serious
is the fact that AIT won't output XML?) I'm relatively new to the
field and have no real experience of any of these.

Best,
Heikki Raudaskoski
Oulu
Finland