Re: T-letter, a good, good, thing.

Subject: Re: T-letter, a good, good, thing.
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:18:59 -0800 (PST)

Chuck,

I would suggest you clean up the HTML of your Web-based resume. Viewers simply won't *care* that it is generated by Word's rather lame "save as" function...*NOR SHOULD THEY*

I'd fix your name (and add some space above it, actually) and the various places where the conversion of tabs didn't work properly as a minimum.

However, *most* folks I deal with either in recruiting or in a company's HR department *want* the actual file attached to any applications.

I'd also make the Word version downloadable and not simply the HTML and Acrobat versions.

For some reason, on this machine clicking directly on your .pdf link made Windows try to install some sort of Windows "Journal" software--and, if that was coming from your page, I'd rank that as a "no-no" for sure! However, it may be a glitch in this system...the IT guys here aren't always that hot.

David

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com