Re: T-letter, a good, good, thing.

Subject: Re: T-letter, a good, good, thing.
From: Laura <lemay -at- lne -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:26:21 -0800

On Nov 7, 2003, at 11:35 AM, Chuck Martin wrote:

I've tried so many ways to clean up Word's HTML, including their own "clean"
HTML patch they have available on their web site and Dreamweaver's clean
Word HTML function. Much manual work is still required afterward in all
cases. Yuk.

Yeah. I have pretty much the same problem: my source resume is in word,
and from that I generate HTML, PDF and text. But ugh, the HTML is so ugly. The last time
I did a major resume revision I got so frustrated with the state of converters and having to
spend so much time doing manual cleanup that I gave up on the whole thing and just
created an entirely new version in hand-crafted HTML. Which of course
almost immediately got out of sync with the original Word file. sigh.

I'm looking for a new contract right now and faced with more major resume
revisions. The state of Word to HTML converters has not improved. At the moment
I'm seriously thinking that the solution is to use HTML as the source format,
not Word. Wacky.

Or maybe I should put all the content into an SQL database and then I can generate
multiple formats dynamically over the web. yeah! yeah!

Laura
too much time on my hands but unwilling to spend it fixing word's messes

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com