Misc.: Possible scholarships for writers and editors?

Subject: Misc.: Possible scholarships for writers and editors?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:09:12 -0500

Excerpted from Tara Calishain's "Research Buzz":

Google Offering Anita Borg Scholarship: If you're a female student in the
computer sciences, check this out. Google is offering two $10,000
scholarships (one undergrad, one grad) for women who are majoring or are in
first year master's for "computer science, computer engineering or related
field." The page of information about the scholarship is available at
http://www.google.com/anitaborg/ . The page includes four "essay" questions
(essay in quotes because responses should be no more than half a page each.)
The applications are due January 30, 2004, so hurry up.

Not a very strong tie-in to copyediting-l or techwr-l, but given that many
of us work in or for the computer industry and have considered formally
upgrading our computer-related skills, this may nonetheless prove useful to
some list members. Hope it helps someone!

--Geoff Hart, ghart@ videotron.ca
580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"I don't read literary theory anymore; it makes my brain hurt... I have way
too much time on my hands and way too little to think about. In this
respect, the laundromat is not much different from the English department
office."--Tim Morris, U of Texas English professor ("Suds", in _The American
Scholar_)

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com