Re: OFFSHORING ARTICLE/Non-Writers As Writers

Subject: Re: OFFSHORING ARTICLE/Non-Writers As Writers
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:42:47 -0800

Quoting Dick Margulis <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>:

> I think another--maybe the key--difference between talented amateur and
> professional is the ability to separate the work from the person.

Definitely. One of the reasons that many people who dream of becoming a
published writer never do so is that they are more in love with the role of the
writer than with the idea of writing. They're the sort of people who are always
talking about what they are going to write, sometimes in painful detail. Yet,
somehow, they never get around to the actual writing. By contrast, the majority
of professional writers are much quieter about what they are going to do. They
might venture a sentence or two about what they're doing, but rarely more. Some
are even superstitious about talking about it, fearing that they'll put the
effort into talking about their plans that they should put into executing them.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com