Dealing with job loss

Subject: Dealing with job loss
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:50:49 -0800

Speaking of evolution, I highly recommend the book "Transitions:Making Sense of Life's Changes," by William Bridges. It's been a long time since I've read it, but its message and methods are still valid. It provides guidance for surviving major traumas such as job loss, death, divorce, marriage (even positive life changes can be stressful). I think he has a companion book called "Managing Transitions," but I have not read it. I read Transitions about the same time I read "Do What You Love, the Money Will Follow". And yes, I was undergoing a career transition at the time. It was a year when I racked up close to 500 points on the life events stress test (http://www.stresstips.com/lifeevents.htm).

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
Watchmark
425-564-8135