Re: To Mr. Cronin (was Re: Offshoring: San Jose Mercury News article)

Subject: Re: To Mr. Cronin (was Re: Offshoring: San Jose Mercury News article)
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:01:44 -0800

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

Every time you put on a Malaysian-made shirt, sit down behind your
Thai-built computer and park your Taiwanese-made cellphone nearby, you're
sending a message to these companies, saying it's okay with you if the
companies that provide these products do so at the least cost, with no
regard to the effect of these decisions on American (or whatever country
you're from) laborers, just as long as you keep getting what you want at a
price you can afford.

So don't buy certain products. I used to know a certain Jewish science fiction writer who would never ride in, much less buy a Volkwagen because of the company's origins during the Nazi regime. Personally, I watch the running shoes I buy for the same reason,, and read the labels on things I buy. You may have to be a consumer, but you don't need to be a mindless one.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Bright morning star a-rising,
New day's a-breaking in my soul."
- American Traditional

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com