RE: Word printing problem

Subject: RE: Word printing problem
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:11:57 -0600

In our previous episode at 03:42 PM 11/11/03, Rob Partridge wrote:

John and Dick suggested converting to PDF or updating print drivers/RAM.

A little more information... Printing was slow on several separate
systems, so I'm not sure it's a driver issue, but obviously it could be
several separate driver issues. I checked the print as it spooled, and
the problem is clear in the size of the spooled doc. With gridlines it
is 86Mb, without it is 1.37Mb. No wonder it is taking so long to print.

My client wants a word doc and pdf won't do. Yes, I know the arguments
for and against... And yes, PDF always prints faster.

Thanks anyway. Any more ideas?

I missed the beginning of this, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Are you using a PostScript or PCL printer driver? (And have you tried the other one, whichever one you're using?

2. How are you generating the gridlines?

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com