RE: Word printing problem

Subject: RE: Word printing problem
From: "Rob Partridge" <rob -at- holly -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:12:10 +1100

I've got some leads on possible solutions:

One's I can't control (since they either change the requirements or are
out of my control)
Change print drivers
Change to PDF
Change to some sort of web form

Likely workarounds
Just live with no gridlines
Remove gridlines and replace with shading - could look better
than what I currently have.
Change type of gridlines. Bob suggested that it might be the
type of line I added
(instead of solid, I used the second type - dotted).
Paste each table as a picture - not practical for my purposes.

And the winner is... Changing the gridlines from dotted to solid light
grey reduced the spool size of the doc from 86Mb down to around 6Mb.
Virtual beer for Bob. Enjoy mate!

Thanks everyone. Never knew that dotted gridlines caused so many
printing problems. Worth remembering.

Rob

P.S. In changing my gridlines to solid, I accidentally missed a couple
of tables on a few pages. The pages that still had dotted gridlines on
printed slower than the other pages.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com