Re: WANTED: Good Staffing Agency for Tech Writers

Subject: Re: WANTED: Good Staffing Agency for Tech Writers
From: Mitch Berg <mitch -at- mitchberg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:09:00 -0600

Am I living in la-la land or does such a agency exist.

It exists - when the economy is humming nicely. Consulting companies that employ "Benches" of people are exactly what you're looking for; you work for and get bennies from the consulting company, on engagements they sell to clients (usually very large companies)

The downside? Staff consulting operations that cover the broad market (think Accenture), or specialize in a niche (software, engineering or whatever) usually hire technical writers after they've got nothing else to do, and have had all the fun lighting cigars with $100 dollar bills that they can. And operations that specialize in TechComm and that employ full-time staffs of consultants are scarce as hen's teeth. I know of one in my area.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com