Re: Is this too Offensive for a manual?

Subject: Re: Is this too Offensive for a manual?
From: Shankar <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:07:53 -0800 (PST)

Let us take this a step further. Let us say the
software does help you detect, not only ERRORS,
FRAUD, and INACCURACIES, as keith rightly said
(thus at this point those are the words to use,
although fraud is fraught with value judgment),
but also the reason/intent of the meter readers -
thus helping you deal with different kinds of
them differently (crooked ones consigned to heck
and lazy ones to the gym?).

My point is that we need not fight shy of using
value-loaded terms where they are warranted; they
are not _per se_ forbidden. Crooked may not be
right, you might wish to say fraudulent; and you
might wish to run it through your legal, just in
case.

- Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> The difference in this case would be that the
> software
> user isn't trying to maintain a working
> relationship with
> the potential intruders and doesn't care
> whether they
> might take offense. In fact, the more hostile
> the docs
> are toward intruders, the better. Users of
> personnel
> management software, OTOH

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/