Re: WORD inquiry
Can anyone advise me of the fastest way for me to get my non-compliant
document into the Dept.'s WORD template?
1. Open your document in Word.
2. From the Tools menu, choose Templates and Add-ins.
3. In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, click the Attach button.
4. Browse to select the template given to you by your coworker, and
5. Back in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, enable (check) the
Automatically Update Document Styles option.
NOTE: You probably want to leave the other items (labeled
Global Templates and Add-ins) unchanged.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Go through your document, one paragraph at a time, applying the
correct paragraph style from the approved template.
8. Go through your document, one character at a time, applying the
correct character style from the approved template.
9. Using the Style Organizer, remove unapproved styles (those that
are not defined in the approved template) so that you won't be
tempted to use them.
Steps 7 and 8 are the fun part. :)
A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/
HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.
ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER TRIAL NOW AVAILABLE!
RoboHelp for FrameMaker is a NEW online publishing tool for FrameMaker that
lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.
WORD inquiry: From: Lucero, Peggy A. NMIMC Contractor
Search our Technical Writing Archives & Magazine