Re: WORD inquiry

Subject: Re: WORD inquiry
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:20:33 -0800

But didn't he say to create a new document using the new template?

Not that I noticed--he just had steps 1, 7, 8, and an added 9.

When I reread step 1, though, I realize it says "paste into Word template." That means every document he creates with that template will start with the pasted text of the entire copied document.

That's not something I'd want to do...at least not beyond a few pages of standard front matter, maybe.

> Isn't that good enough -- or better than just attaching it?

Attaching a template to a document and selecting the "Automatically Update" option (in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box) provides the benefit of ongoing stylistic consistency. Coupled with network location of the template, this ensures all your documents will always use the latest version of the approved style sheet, with no additional effort on the writers' part.

'S all good.

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com