Re: A data point on offshoring

Subject: Re: A data point on offshoring
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:35:21 -0800

I never left it. All my systems are built by a fellow
down the hill from me who works out of his house.
His prices beat the big boys every time and none of
the components are proprietary, so I can get upgrades
and replacements at any time from anyone (but I still
box up and bring it back, very useful when my wife
has a problem with her system while I'm away from
home). Can't beat that for "knowing someone at the
home office."

Gene Kim-Eng