Re: A data point on offshoring

Subject: Re: A data point on offshoring
From: cartoon grrl <sylviafan -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:57:10 GMT

This is true. When Windows 2000 first came out, a friend of mine happened to be between jobs and got a position as customer support rep for Windows 2000. People would call in with questions, and she'd try to find that question in the big 3-ring binder that all service people had on their desks. This is a woman who had zero experience with Windows 2000, and STILL does not own a computer to this day!

I certainly hope they're nearing the finish line.

cg
I'm not in denial, I'm just selective about the reality I choose to accept.
-Calvin and Hobbes

-- "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
This is nothing new, and has nothing to do with offshoring, accents, or
nationalities. I've had the same experience with US-based help desks.
Customer service for all consumer products has been engaged in a a race to
the bottom for years, and I think they are finally nearing the finish line.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com