RE: Dell brings some jobs back from India

Subject: RE: Dell brings some jobs back from India
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:51:50 -0500

I suggest going back to http://tinyurl.com/wd75 and reading the CNET story
more carefully. The CNET story referred to two specific product lines for
the US market only, and the Dell rep in the CNET story made it clear that
they did *not* see it as a general trend:

"Dell said its decision to reroute some technical support calls does not
amount to abandoning its strategy to expand in India and elsewhere...
Technical support calls from European and Asian purchasers of OptiPlex and
Latitude customers will continue to be handled in India, Weisblatt said.
What's more, tech support calls from U.S. customers with other Dell products
may be fielded in India, Weisblatt said."

Dan Goldstein

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com