Re: Do you permit SMEs to revise your drafts?

Subject: Re: Do you permit SMEs to revise your drafts?
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:52:03 -0800

stacy naus wrote:

Thanks for the info on exporting a Frame doc as RTF. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for us. Our books are huge, and for some reason, when we try to export as RTF, the whole thing just hangs. We've also tried doing it by each chapter in the Frame book, and if the chapter happens to be very short, that MAY work. If not, we just get the hourglass sitting there for as long as we're willing to watch it.

Wow, are we talking about the Framemaker that's the ultimate in long-doc generation? Hard to believe the Cadillac in book creation tools would have problems with a document just because it's huge.

;)

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com