Re: update all styles in Word 2000?

Subject: Re: update all styles in Word 2000?
From: "David O'Brien" <OBrien_David_P -at- cat -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:44:51 +1000

David and list,
First, the Update all styles that I use is when I add a template, not when I'm
in the doc body and you reapply a format. You get that little dialog that
says "Do you want to update the style defn." or something. I only use that
when I'm updating the template itself; the rest of the time I wish it would
just go away :-(

Second, Ctrl+Space appears to work when a para is selected (or the document),
however, as mentioned by Geoff, character formatting gets wiped :-(
Fortunately I don't use a lot of that so it'd be quicker I think to reapply
the styles and then check for missing char styles. I'll do a bit of
testing...

thanks to all
David
(who is still working on keeping all these docs in Frame/xml and getting Word
out of the equation :-) For those who followed that other thread, I can pass
the DTD to the developers and they can use it in IntelliJ without trouble.
Still working on the BAs, etc...)

--
David O'Brien
Sr. Technical Writer

617 3329 8122
davido -at- cat -dot- com
--
A good Technical Writer is one who can talk to BAs and Engineers for more than
5 minutes without hitting them.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com