Re: Customer satisfaction issues

Subject: Re: Customer satisfaction issues
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 06:46:07 -0800 (PST)

> I am having a dispute with someone at work about
> what results operator's manuals typically get in
> customer satisfaction surveys. I claim that manuals
> traditionally get a lower grade than other things
> customers are asked about. My colleague seems
> unaware of that and before raising the issue I would
> like to back it up with some hard facts.
> Does anyone have any links or text passages backing
> up my view? Or am I totally wrong?

Surveys get very low returns. Depending on the survey
type, a good return could be between 10% and 20%
return.

Surveys are highly subjective and should always be
taken with a grain of salt, no matter what they are
reviewing. This goes back to the "what users need vs.
what they want" discussion from last week.

So why are you asking? Did your documentation get
dumped on? Rather than looking at the numbers based on
the survey and the overall appeal, look at the
specific comments and see what people actually had to
say about the books. Then make a judgement call as
whether or not to address the issues in the documentation.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://photos.yahoo.com/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com