Re: Flowchart direction

Subject: Re: Flowchart direction
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:44:46 -0500

If this helps, the reason my bosses liked a consistent flow
direction was that often, the part of the flow that users
are looking for is how it starts or how it ends...not so
much what happens in the middle of the flow.

By having a consistent direction, it makes it easier and
subject to less error if they know that they always start on
the left or top, or on the right or bottom.

It also makes it easier to merge multiple flows in larger
flows. You remember me discussing several months ago my
7foot by 10foot flow? This was made by combining 35+
pre-existing individual flows. There's no way I could have
done it if each of the flows had been inconsistent.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com