Re: phone interviews

Subject: Re: phone interviews
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:48:23 -0800 (PST)

Phone interviews are quite normal and quite common.
There are a bunch of tips and tricks out there, but
the bottom line is to treat them just as you would a
face-to-face interview. Be the best interviewee you
can, try to smile while talking, keep it upbeat, and
all that jazz. Talk it up, truthfully, and take
advantage of the time you have with the interviewer.

--- wdtracy <wdtracy -at- cenazcom -dot- net> wrote:
> I have an upcoming phone interview with a company
> for which I would like to
> work. (Well, I just couldn't end with a
> preposition!) The only problem is I
> have never had a phone interview or even read up on
> them. Does anyone have
> advice on phone interviews? I have been in
> management and seen both ends of
> a FTF interview, but a phone interview makes me a
> bit nervous. Should I
> treat it any differently than a normal interview? Or
> should I just keep it
> simple and not worry? Any advice would be
> appreciated.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://photos.yahoo.com/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com