Re: Coping with offshoring - a modest proposal for tech writers

Subject: Re: Coping with offshoring - a modest proposal for tech writers
From: cartoon grrl <sylviafan -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:53:11 GMT

I like this idea, sign me up! (I've already got an anonymous hotmail account!)

cg
I'm not in denial, I'm just selective about the reality I choose to accept.
-Calvin and Hobbes

-- "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

So, here's my modest proposal:

I propose a new US-based company that will set up an offshore shell company
and bid on US technology work. When the work comes in, it will immediately
be assigned to US-based workers, working from their home offices, who are
willing to accept lower rates in exchange for the convenience of working
remotely.

The employers never need to know that their work is being done by
experienced, qualified people working from their offices in the US. Better
they don't find out - they have policies against such things, and it would
only upset them..

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com