Re: How do I remove these lines from a WORD document!

Subject: Re: How do I remove these lines from a WORD document!
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:56:01 -0800

Lucero, Peggy A. NMIMC Contractor wrote:

I have several lines of text that I've cut out of an HTML document.
It is a section that has lines separating each section....

I don't want these lines in my document. How do I remove them?

Lines in an HTML document might be HR tags or border attributes on P, TABLE, TR, or TD tags. (There are probably others that I'm forgetting.) Just remove the HR tag or the border attributes, depending on what you find when you view the HTML source.

Your subject line mentions a Word document, though. In that case, it's probably borders on paragraphs, tables, rows, or cells. Select the text and choose Format, Borders and Shading.

If you've copied the text from a browser view of an HTML page and pasted it into a Word document, you may be able to select the lines and delete them (if they were HR tags in the HTML source); otherwise, they were probably table, row, or cell attributes, and you'll need to use the Borders and Shading command.

Good luck!

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com