Re: Finding Field Codes - Word

Subject: Re: Finding Field Codes - Word
From: "J. Ressler" <jressler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:42:14 -0700

Thanks to all for the help with finding a field, and the suggestions for easy ways to replace it. I truly appreciate it. I have to deliver the documents this week, and of course somewhere along the way something went wrong.

The problem was the field was a cross-reference to another section. The section was called out by the section number (REF field 1) and the section title (REF field 2). Then, the field codes were replaced by Error! Source reference not found. I could search for the two fields in a row together and replace them, so I had to replace them individually. I ended up hardcoding the cross-references. Hardcoding goes against all that I believe in, but there are 220 references to the same section, and I was having trouble replacing them properly. In the end, I know the customer will only insert change bars and change pages, never taking the time to update fields and whatnot, so I am not too troubled by it.

Thank you very much. I think I am going to employ the ^c trick to replace the hardcoded text if I have time. It is not high on my priority list.

Nice job guys and gals/gals and guys.

Thanks. justin

Steve Rawcliffe wrote:

--
www.ccicolorado.org
"Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People!"

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com